Thursday, January 26, 2012

Saturday January 21, 2012

Thursday - Run on the treadmill + 20:00 yoga on netflix
Slept in and ran in the morning instead.  I had to fit my run in between ticket pulls, so I ran 25 minutes, then went & did tickets and then went back and ran another 13 minutes.  I also decided to do some short 10 minute yoga clips from Netflix.  The yoga was fine.  One was supposed to be Yoga Burn, which was supposed to increase your heart rate (not sure it really did that) and the other was just Yoga for stretching & flexibility.  It was a nice way to add a little bit of yoga into my day without having to do 30 or 90 minutes of it.  I'll try it again... maybe a different one.


Friday - P90x Back/Legs
Did my workout at 5:15pm and killed it with the pullups.  Definitely makes a difference when you do it later in the day vs. first thing in the morning without any fuel in your body.  And I'm really enjoying getting up in the morning and reading for a while before getting my day started.  I may try to do that more often.




In regards to my eating...  Since coming home from Michigan I have really focused on eating lots and lots of highly micro-nutrient dense foods (vegetables, greens & fruit).  I have added salads to my lunches and our dinners, in addition to my daily 32-48 oz of green smoothie.  I snack on celery or sugar snap peas.  I'm drinking my water throughout the day.


Thursday and yesterday especially (the days that I added a salad to my lunch) I've noticed that I'm not as hungry as I usually am in the later afternoon.  I've also noticed that I'm very satisfied at the end of the day - I have a significant number of calories left and I don't have any cravings to fill or feel a need to eat more because I can.  Yesterday I ended the day with over 500 calories left and I felt completely satisfied.  I am not hungry right now (8:45am Sat morning).  I think that I'm experiencing what Dr. Joel Fuhrman talks about - when your nutrient needs are satisfied, your cravings will disappear.  When you are no longer eating the processed garbage, you no longer crave it.  When your nutrient needs are satisfied, you are satisfied and do not have a need to over eat.  There is no toxic hunger because you're not eating processed crap.  I'm experiencing that.  


Thats not to say that I won't be eating garbage on occasion - like I'm really looking forward to having pizza tonight - but I'm really happy with eating this way.  I'm not missing out on anything and I enjoy the food.  I am able to perform well in my workouts and I have loads of energy.  I do not have the 4:00 exhaustion anymore.  I'm thrilled with all of this!


Saturday - Run intervals on the treadmill
Ran the following intervals
5.0 - 2:00

5.5 - 1:00
6.0 - 1:00
6.7 - 2:00
6.0 - 1:00
5.5 - 1:00
5.0 - 2:00


Repeat 3x (3 miles)


Then the following
5.5 - 1/4mile
6.7 - 1/4 mile


Repeat 4 times (2miles)

Total 5 miles in 52:00

No comments: