Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday January 30, 2012

Since last time:

Friday - p90x Legs / Back

I still love this workout.  


Saturday - intervals on the treadmill
I did 6 repeats of:
1/4 mile at 5.5 (11:00)

1/4 mile at 6.7 (9:00)


And then jogged for another half mile or so as a cool down.  It was 3.5 miles total.


Today - p90x Chest / Back
I don't love or hate this workout, its just fine.  I have seen such incredible strength gains recently.  When I started p90x the first time (October) I could do 24 pushups for the first set of pushups on this workout.  Today I did 37.  My pullups have increased dramatically as well. I'm still using the chair to do them, but I'm doing more of them than I ever have.  


I have to believe that some of that is due to my new eating lifestyle.  I am getting such incredible nutrition now.  I've always been a decently healthy eater, but it was nothing compared to how I eat now.  I believe that I've kicked up my nutrition several notches and I'm seeing benefits from doing so.  This is not a diet for me - it is a lifestyle.  And it hasn't been as hard to do as I thought it would be - I stock up on greens once a week at one store and once a week at aldi.  I keep a lot of fresh fruit in the house and I focus on getting greens, greens, greens.  My smoothies have gone from a few greens, lots of fruit and some cottage cheese & almond milk, to mainly greens with some fruit and lots of water.  They are low calorie, but high volume (48 oz has about 150 calories - thats 3 large glasses).  I'm getting 2-4 cups of spinach and 2-4 cups of another green in each 32-48oz container.  Every. Day.  Thats huge.  And I'm eating salad with my dinner and most of the time with lunch.  I feel awesome.  I'm sleeping better than ever.  I have tons of energy.  My workouts are not suffering at all - I feel like they're being enhanced.  


I think it is the combination of being focused on plant-based AND eliminating the garbage almost entirely.  I do not have cravings for crappy food any more.  I don't feel a need to eat more at the end of the evening just because I have calories left.  I enjoy a 100 cal bag of popcorn most nights, but that is more of a habit kind of thing - just enjoying eating while watching tv.  I don't need it and i'm satisfied without it.  I enjoy pizza on Saturday nights and I do so without counting calories or feeling guilty, because I've eaten so well the rest of the week.  I'm just really, really happy with this lifestyle change!  I make good choices because I enjoy the food and it is the food I want to eat - not because I would rather eat something different, but know I SHOULD eat healthier.  I'm thrilled with all of this!


And I cannot wait to get my cholesterol tested again.  

No comments: