Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday January 6, 2012`

Not going to bother trying to catch up from the last time.  It was Christmas.  I continued p90x throughout, but have felt like I'm fighting something for the last week or so.  This was our last week of p90x and I've kind of missed all of the workouts - I did plyometrix on Tuesday, but slept the other mornings.  If I have something its the worst... I don't feel sick, but my body is achy and run down and I can't find energy anywhere if you paid me.  I'm falling asleep early and sleeping late.  Maybe it is my body's way of telling me I'm stupid for giving in to sugary food over the holiday week.  Whatever.  


HOWEVER.


It is over 50 degrees and sunny today and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run outside.  In shorts.  And a tank top.  Ridiculous.


I cowboy'd up and made of goal of running my 5 mile route down the path on 151st.  I was worried it was going to be too much, but instead I absolutely rocked it.  I took a short break at the non-working drinking fountain and then a short walking break at the top of the last hill on 151st street.  Other than that I ran the entire thing and I feel awesome.  My legs are so sore from doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout yesterday morning and my hips were killing me and my lower back was clenching up, but I mentally gutted through it and enjoyed it.  I'm awesome.  I'm so flipping proud of myself!


5.09 miles.  52:20 total time.  Avg 10:16 pace.  Average heartrate: 172.  Peak heart rate: 191 


I can't remember the last time I ran this route - It has to have been over a year ago.  I'm not sure I've run more than 3 miles in over a year, so this is awesome!  Yea me!


And shorts and a tank top on January 6th.  Hello.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy shit you should be proud. That is awesome, welcome back to running. I flipping gained like 5 pounds over the holidays, so I suck.