Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30, 2008

Workout: body weight circuit
Weight: 124.0

124.0??? Yea!

Changed up my routine and I'm feeling it now. Even right afterward my arms were very, very fatigued... it took a lot of effort to wash my hair because lifting my arms above my head felt uncomfortable - not painful, just a little uncomfortable and fatigued. It is 9:15pm and my back, arm and core muscles are sore. Good.

Here it was:
Power Push Ups: 3x15 (5 at 2&8, 5 at 4&10, 5 at 3&9)
Standing Chest Expansion: 3x10 (works back muscles)
2 arm swing: 3x15
Crab Crawl: 2 sets (10 steps forward, 10 steps backward, 5 left, 5 right)
Wide-Leg Plank w/ Jab: 3x10 (10 right, 10 left, 5 right, 5 left)
Clean & Press w/ DB: 3x10
Quad stretch w/ Biceps lift: 3x10
Single-leg Glute Lift: 2x10

I mixed and matched exercises that I've cut out of my Shape and Fitness magazines. I had a few more that I was going to try, but I had already done 40+ minutes. It was a good workout and I felt it had a cardio component as well. I took a 1 minute rest between each set of reps to catch my breath, but I was breathing heavy, sweating and my heartrate was elevated so that was a bonus.

I probably won't be doing the crab crawl again because I felt it required my arms to be twisted unnaturally and it kind of hurt in my inner elbow. Other than that, I think I just need some practice on some of the other ones to make them a little more effective. Good workout. Good workout.