Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 11, 2010

Weight: 124.8

I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off this week. And it isn't looking better until next week. Hence no post yesterday and the late post today.

Thursdays are circuit day. I.HATE.THURSDAY. Hate it. Hate.it. Despise it. Dread it. Hate it.

It is by far the worst, most horrible, hardest workout of the week. I never want Wednesday evenings to end... because then I'll have to wake up on Thursday and do the dreaded circuits.

Today I started with the bike - 12:00. Had my heart rate up to 135 bpm on the bike. I don't push it a whole lot on the bike. I consider it slightly better than a warm up.

Moved on to 12:00 on the stairmill. I would like to curse the person who created the stairmill. It is the worst. horrible. wretched. And at 12 minutes, the intervals lasted 48 seconds each. Thats a long fricken time when I'm working so hard that my forearms are sweating. Really? Forearms? Yes. And dripping. I think if it weren't for the stairmill, I may not hate circuits as much. I really despise the stairmill and would rather cut my arm off with a butter knife than do it for much longer than that.

Next up was hill intervals on the treadmill for 13:00. I ran the entire 13 minutes without a break at 5.8 mph. I think the top hill was around 4 or 5% incline for over a minute. That one was tough, but it was the last minute so I couldn't allow myself to stop. Heartrate was up around 178 bpm on the treadmill.

Finally I ended with the eliptical for 13:00. I consider this circuit to be slightly more than a cool down. I certainly don't slow my pace down to a cool down level, but I'm not hitting it as hard as I do the stairmill and the treadmill.

If I wanted a higher level circuit workout I should consider not reading magazines while doing the bike and the eliptical. I may consider that for next week.

I'm always so glad to have it over. So happy to be in the locker room drinking a glass of water and hopping in the shower. It feels like a huge accomplishment, even though I have no ability to measure my performance. I guess my measure of success is how much it sucked. And every Thursday it sucks. A lot.

Fridays are 20:00 of lighter cross training with upper body + leg press, abductors & adductors. Its a much lighter day and a welcome reprieve after the treachery of Thursday.