Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday February 24, 2010

Weight: 124.6
Workout: 4 miles + 10:00 cross

Run was good this morning. Better than on Monday morning. I felt good throughout with the exception of ankle pain during the first 3 songs. The pain was not as severe as it was on Monday, but definitely lasted longer into the run than I think I've estimated.

Ran the entire 4 miles without breaks at 6.0 mph. Cranked it up to 6.2 for 3.25 - 3.75 and then 6.5 for 3.75-4.0. Heart rate was 166-168 before cranking it up and ended around 174.

For the cross training I walked for 10 minutes. Mostly because I didn't feel like spending the time wiping down the treadmill, going to a new machine and having to wipe that one down afterward too. I put the incline up to 13% and walked at 3.5 mph. Heart rate was in the 120's most of the time. Incline varied throughout the 10 minutes.

I would like to spend some time re-evaluating my eating. I think that I've gone over to the overconfident, can eat whatever I want side of the pendulum. Ultimately, I'm happy where I'm at and know that I'm probably truly around 123ish and the fluctuations are due to water retention (based on how my clothes fit and the gain/loss amounts over night), but I know that if I lose 5-10 pounds I will be able to run better. So I need to actually sit down and figure out a do-able 1500 calorie/day diet. I get so screwed by my height (5'1"):)

Cornbread, on the other hand, is melting away. He has lost 15 pounds since January 4th. I look at his weight chart every morning and am amazed! I feel like we're in that commercial where the woman is like "we cut out sweets. I shrank one size. HE shrank 6 sizes" lol! I'm happy for him - he looks good, feels good and is being intentional about it. This is the first time in our relationship that he has actually included a change in his eating in order to hopefully lose a little weight. Used to be that all he had to do was start running and he'd drop 20 pounds easily without altering his diet. Age, I believe, has caught up with him. So I'm thrilled to see him take it seriously and make it a priority. I want to be active with him until we are old, old, old!

No comments: