Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weight: 125.4
Workout: 4 miles

My run was really, really good this morning. Oh man does it feel good to be good at it again. I ran the entire 4 miles without a break and did it at 6.0 (I think I ran the first song at 5.9). Four miles in 40:35, which works out to a 10:09 mile. Awesome! This makes me so happy!

My heart rate was at 166 bpm around 2.75 miles so I would assume that was the case throughout. I ran the last .10 miles at 6.7mph (I think it ended up being about 30 seconds) and my heart rate got up to 174. I'm happy with 166. I felt like I was close to a conversation pace. I was trying to sing along to my music and I was almost able to do so.

I finally have hope that I could possibly get my running back up to 6.3/6.5 mph for at least my steady M/W runs. I was thinking that I would never get back to that. I really think that donating blood impacted my running.

Weight was up again this morning. I ate super salty smoked turkey soup and some cheese its last night for dinner, so I'm not surprised. Gonna have to hit the water hard again today. I wonder if my body is so sensitive to water retention due to the weather. During the summer my weight did not fluctuate this badly from day to day.

Feels good to be good again. Makes me look forward to running rather than dread it. Can't wait until I can get outside again!

No comments: