Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 9, 2010

Weight: 123.6
Workout: 20:00 eliptical + glutes, hams, quads, lat pull down, rows (skipped calves & tris due to time)


Workout today was 20 minutes of cross training and some weight training. One thing I really like about our training plan is that I only have to worry about what I need to do today. It would be pretty easy to get overwhelmed at the thought of running 13 miles, however, having it all laid out in front of us allows us to look at it and see that this is the path that we're taking to get to 13 miles. If we accomplish this workout today, we're one workout closer to our goal. I never think about how I'm going to run 13 miles on May 8th. It will happen - if I follow the plan.

When I initially put the plan together, I decided to do lighter weights with higher reps. I hated it:) So I'm doing decent weights for legs with 3 sets of 10 reps each. I am doing heavier weights for back and arms with 3 sets of 10 reps each. I don't want to blast my legs if I'm running 3 days a week, but I want to feel that I'm doing something. Arms and back on the other hand, I work harder because I want more tone there.

Eating and water were good yesterday. I'm not dieting at all. My goal is to always think plant first and add lots of vegetables and a good amount of fruit to my day and increase my fiber. I've got some peppers, cauliflower, carrots, and zucchini in the fridge to eat with hummus. I also have a bowl of frozen mixed vegetables in the afternoon. I'm trying to make dinners that are more focused on vegetables rather than meat - and if I'm using meat I use lean meat: roasted turkey, venison, chicken. I only make two dinners each week, so this has not been difficult - I make soup on Fridays and some kind of meal on Tuesday. Dave is not home for dinner on the other nights, so the girls get kid food and I have a bowl of tomato soup with something to go with it. Tonight I'm making smoked turkey stew using the leftover smoked turkey that I made last week. The girls won't touch soup, so we'll see how this goes over - they usually end up eating A LOT of bread:)

I feel good and I feel confident about all of this. One thing that I'm really happy about is that I lost my holiday weight without doing nazi weight watchers (or weight watchers at all) and without eating lean cuisines every night for dinner. In the past 7 years I felt like that was the only way I could lose weight and I always felt discouraged - its not the healthiest of eating paths for me (lean cuisines = much sodium and crap). I've proved to myself that I can do this without doing that. That's huge for me.