Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday February 15, 2010

Weight: 126.4
Workout: 4 miles + 10 minutes cross training
Resting Heart Rate (rhr before getting out of bed): 65

This week we increase our M/W runs to 4 miles each. After running 5 1/2 last Saturday I wasn't hesitant about the 4 this morning at all. These are good workouts and exactly what I needed. I love it!

I ran the entire distance without a break. This is HUGE! My heart rate was up at 174bpm at the end, so its coming down bit by bit. I started running at 5.8, increased to 5.9 and finally to 6.0 for more than half of the distance. I ran the 4 miles in 41:06 which ends up being 10:17 miles. Good! I'm getting better. I feel really confident after this morning.

Afterward I did 10 minutes on the eliptical next to C. Those 10 minutes go so fast when you're chatting:) And I was pouring sweat... seems like noone else in the gym sweats and then I sweat enough for everyone else. Whatever.

I've never fluctuated this much with my weight before. I'm usually up on Mondays because of water retention. I had good intentions of counteracting this over the weekend, but ultimately I drank about 32 oz of water yesterday at 8pm and that was it. I had not had a drop of water all day and made myself drink that. Today I need to get going on the water. I've had 5-16oz glasses already, but I would like to have 12 of those by the end of the day. I would guess that my actual weight is around 124. I would still like to lose some more (maybe 5-10), but not badly enough to work too hard at it. I'm pretty comfortable here. I think as the mileage increases I will lose a little more. I'm not too concerned.

Last week was so crazy with the afternoon schedule, I need to get back into a good eating routine this week. I also sampled a few too many of my valentine's treats over the weekend while I was making them:) Today I will concentrate on vegetables first before anything else.

No comments: