Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday February 16, 2010

Weight: 124.0
Workout: 20:00 cross, lower body + back + tris

I only did 8 minutes of cross training on the eliptical this morning. I overslept and got to the gym later than I like to, so I cut out the cross and just did the weights. I finished lifting earlier than usual and the eliptical next to C was open so I finished out her workout with her.

I didn't feel great about it, but I'm okay. I have very high expectations for myself and while I don't get worked up about not losing a certain amount of weight or running at a certain speed, I do expect that I won't miss workouts. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation and I get ticked at myself when I miss workouts. I'm glad I got at least the 8 minutes in, but even that seems like a waste.

Eating was good yesterday. I ate lots of vegetables throughout the day - zucchini, cauliflower, green peppers, red peppers, grape tomatoes, frozen mixed veggies. Its always a good thing to have that stuff so easily accessible and with my Plant First thinking I grab a plate of them before I eat lunch and have some with my dinner. I LOVE salads, but I despise making them - unless its a huge salad for many people to enjoy at dinner - so having a salad every night is not going to happen - unless I eat at Corner Bakery every single night:) I could make a big bowl of salad on Sunday, but I don't think it would be good for the whole week. As long as I have these veggies available as my appetizers I think I'm good. I may revisit the salad idea though.

I also drank a lot of water. I lost count, but I know it was up near 9 or 10 16oz glasses. And the scale showed the difference this morning.

One thing that I love about working out is that I sleep so well. Unless one of the girls is crying or the dumb dog flips his water dish, or we have a weird, out of the ordinary earthquake, I don't wake up during the night. I probably don't get as much sleep as I should - usually 6 1/2 - 7 hours. I try to be in bed around 10 and lights out by 10:15. The olympics severely alters that though, which is why I over-snoozed this morning (and I didn't even stay awake for the final figure skating pairs - the gold medalists).

Prior to working out I would wake a couple of times during the night and have a lot of trouble falling back to sleep. Sometimes it would take an hour or more before I finally fell back to sleep - and the worst times were when I would finally drift off about 30 minutes before the alarm went off. Felt horrible and always felt like I should have just gotten up instead of going back to sleep. I do not have any of these issues when I workout - I fall asleep almost immediately when I roll over and if I wake up during the night I fall back to sleep right away. THIS is worth every mile I run. If I never lose another pound or gain some of my weight back, I will still always make working out a priority because I never want to get back into that crazy sleep cycle again - its miserable.

No comments: