Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday February 22, 2010

Weight: 125.0
Resting heart rate: 55bpm
Workout: 4 miles + 10:00 cross

Saturday killed me for this morning. I had a rough 4 miles this morning. My ankle hurt really, really bad, but ultimately it is my ankle that kept me going and not taking a break. I felt like I was laboring for a good portion of the run, however, I knew that if I stopped and started again my ankle would hurt again (ankle hurts for first 30 seconds - 1 minute of run then stops) and I wanted to avoid that so I just kept going. I was fine, it was just more of a struggle than it was comfortable.

Heart rate was 165. I increased my speed for the last mile - to 6.1 and then to 6.3. Heart rate then was 174.

Saturday night I was so exhausted and so unbelievably hungry. Apparently the tape worm comes back at 6 miles;) We had a good night - dinner was good, the wine was fantastic and the time together was worth it all. The B&B was cute and cozy and breakfast on Sunday morning was amazing. Very, very glad that we went and will be happy to return. The B&B is only 10 minutes from our house, but the downtown area feels like we're in a completely different area. I would like to return when the weather is nicer so we can walk around a bit and enjoy some time out on the balcony.

Hoping to rest my ankle so Wednesday's run is not nearly as difficult.

No comments: