Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Catch-up on the week:

Ran on Monday and felt horrible. Came home and found Cornbread in bed telling me that he felt the same as I did. We hung out on the couches all day doing nothing. I kind of felt like he was being a bigger baby than I was because I was fighting through it and at least getting up to take care of the girls when needed.

Tuesday, I skipped my workout because I didn't feel like going to the gym early in the morning and the girls were on spring break so i couldn't go in the afternoon.

Wednesday, I got up to go running. Changed my clothes. Felt a little off - like my stomach was just not quite right, but debated about running through it. Didn't feel much different than Monday morning and I ran through that. I really debated because I had missed two whole weeks of training and I didn't want to miss more. Ultimately decided to go back to bed... which was a good decision because within minutes I was terribly sick. Spent the first half of the day on the couch downstairs and threw up every time I moved. It was horrible. The second half of the day was spent in bed with the fever aches - knees, ankles, lower back, wrists, hips, etc. It was an awful day.

Thursday morning was my birthday and I felt awesome!!! Especially compared to the day before:) I skipped my workout because I hadn't wanted to set my alarm to go to the gym that morning because when I went to bed the night before I wasn't sure how I'd feel when I woke up. So another day off (can't say I missed those circuits all that much;)

Friday, skipped again - same as Tuesday... have to say, I'm not terribly motivated to get those weight training workouts completed and I need to change that. Felt like I had a nervous stomach all day. Cornbread said he thinks I was still getting over the flu. I hope that is it because I'm sick of feeling "not quite right"... felt that way 2 weeks before vacation, felt totally fine on vacation and now this week has not been great.

Today I have a 9 mile run on the schedule and I've planned a 9.2 mile route, which I'm sure I'll turn into 9.5 miles by completing our horseshoe street at the end instead of cutting it in half. It is raining now and I have to wait until this afternoon when Cornbread gets home from the office. I WILL run outside today even in the rain... I am NOT doing this on the treadmill - ick:) I also bought a fanny pack to hold some water and some energy jelly beans, so hopefully that will make a difference. I've had 32oz of water already this morning and am going to do my best to drink a bunch more before I go out.

No comments: