Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday August 16, 2010

Workout: 5.5 miles
Time: 52:39
Pace: 9:34
Weight: 125.4


The humidity is finally gone.  It was actually somewhat chilly when I went out this morning, which is a drastic change from the whole rest of the summer.  We have had the air on everyday since the middle of June and it has been really unbearable.  Running in that weather is horrible... as evidenced by my shorts falling down on Saturday's run.


The run this morning was good, although I hated almost every second of it:)  I made it to the drinking fountain (3 miles) without any walking breaks, which has not happened in several weeks.  I struggled a bit on some of the hills on the way home, but for the last mile I was determined to make it up all of the hills and I did.  


I figured out that I really need the right music to settle in and just run.  I've put a bunch of new music on my ipod and I think that has had a bad affect on my performance.  I settle in really well when I have a strong beat.  I'm going to have to change up my playlist and pare it down to my perfect songs again.

No comments: