Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday August 6, 2010

Workout: Supposed to be 30 minutes cross training + strength (lower body)
               Actual - 45:00 intervals on the treadmill
Weight: 127.4
Distance: 5.0
Time: 47:07
Two Years Ago

Struggled to get up and go to the gym this morning, but ultimately I wasn't falling back to sleep so I got up and went.  I really, really didn't feel like cross training and doing lower body weight training either.  Since I didn't work out yesterday (was going to do the stairs with Michelle, but she was too tired and I didn't want to do them in the humidity), I decided to hit it hard with intervals on the treadmill.  I did 5 minutes at 6.0 as a warm up and then alternated between 1/4 mile at 7.0 and 1/4 mile at 6.0.  I did a 3/4 mile cool down at 6.0 to reach an even 5 miles.  My pace averaged out at 9:28.


It was tough, but definitely do-able.


The humidity and temperature are supposed to be lower today and tomorrow.  I'm supposed to run 9 1/2 miles tomorrow so I need to plan that route sometime today.  Hopefully, with the cooler temps tomorrow morning it won't be as much of a struggle.  I need a good run to give me back some confidence and motivation.  


I also need to lose this weight that I've seemed to gain (vacation?).  I need school to begin so I can get back to being disciplined and have a better routine during the day.  This summer has been really difficult for me to focus on anything and create any kind of routine.  I really feel like I'm simply existing and I really, really don't like that feeling.

No comments: