Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday August 28, 2010

Workout: 11.25 miles
Time: 1:51:35
Pace: 9:54 
Weight: 125.4
Two Years Ago

I ran at Old Plank Trail in Frankfort this morning.  What a huge difference a flat route makes - wow!  It was also nice and cool and no humidity, which also makes a big difference.


The trail is paved, wide, flat and beautiful.  And I did really, really well.  I took a break at 3 miles, 6 miles and 8 1/2 miles and walked a short bit.  By the 8 1/2 mile point, I was ready to be done - my body was over it, but I made short goals for myself and allowed a little more walking in the last 2 1/2 mile stretch and because of that, I finished the last mile very strong.  I can't believe the difference between this week and last week.  I actually feel like I could run this race and be okay.


I did not blog about it, but I also ran 6.5 miles on Thursday morning at the same pace (9:54).  It was a tough run after having done intervals the day before, but it was good.  The change in weather makes it so much more enjoyable.  AND there was an amazing sunrise that stretched across the sky from Orland all the way to Will-Cook Rd and I really focused on looking at it and appreciating it, which took my mind off of the actually physical activity that I was doing :) 


I've also been focusing on telling myself how well I'm doing and how good I'm feeling, instead of how miserable I feel.  That seems to make a big difference, too!


I'm definitely looking forward to my taper weeks and to running less mileage after the race.  I think I'm going to cut down to 3 miles a couple of times a week and maybe 5 on Saturday. That sounds like a BREEZE to me right now - I can't wait!

No comments: