Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday August 4, 2010

Workout: 5.5 miles
Time: 55:00
Weight: 127.0
Two Years Ago

Got up to run this morning at 5:30am and went downstairs and saw that every single window in the house was fogged up with condensation.  This was not a good sign... I took a step outside and although it was not too warm, the humidity hit me like a wall.  There was NO way I was running in that, so I went back to bed.  And within 30 minutes a downpour and thunderstorm began, so I was pretty happy with my decision.


Instead, I ran on the treadmill.  I ran 6.0 mph at a 3 or 3.5% incline (I don't remember).  It was tough and I briefly hopped off every time I had to turn a page, so I ran an extra mile at 0% incline to make up for the hop offs.


I'm really struggling as of late.  I need to register for the race, because I'm about ready to opt out of it.  I'm not enjoying the running or the training right now.  I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to change that as I'm not entirely sure why I'm not enjoying it.


Perhaps it is diet and weight related.  I am certain, though, that I'm running too fast, which is making it difficult to sustain any significant amount of time.  When I walk as much as I did on Monday and my pace still averages out to be 9:48/mile that means I'm definitely running too fast.  I sometimes try to consciously slow down, but I can't do it.  I'm going to have to figure out how to do it, because I can't keep up the pace I'm doing - otherwise, I need to beg Michelle to run with me every chance she has to get me to slow down, or to motivate me to run through it and not stop to walk.

No comments: