Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday August 18, 2010

Workout: 6.3 miles
Time: 60:00
Pace: 9:31
Weight: 125.4
Two Years Ago


Got up to run outside this morning and saw that it was wet and the sky had dark clouds.  That was pretty much all I needed to go back to bed.  Any excuse is a good one right now.


As I lay there and realized that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep, I decided that I needed to run anyway, but in the meantime, Cornbread had decided to go to the gym - so the treadmill it was.


Ran at a 2% incline at 6.3mph.  It was tough.  I think that usually when I run with an incline I do so at a slower pace.  This was really hard.  My body hurt for the first 1 1/2 miles.


My tapeworm is also back.  After saturday's 10 miles I was fine.  But today and Monday, I feel like I can't get full.  I hate that feeling and am not sure what to do to fix it right now.


My body is so tired.  Monday and today I have been entirely exhausted... not in a good way.  I've gotten enough sleep, but my body is exhausted and I'm dragging.  Yesterday, I slept in and skipped working out and I was fine.  This is nearly debilitating - I feel like all I want to do is sit on the couch and read or watch tv.  Something needs to change about this... I'm not sure if its because I'm getting up early in the morning to run or if my body is just this physically tired out, but hopefully after school begins next week, I'll be able to get a better handle on it.  My feet and ankles are incredibly sore, too, and I've run in my newest shoes this week, so it can't be worn out shoes.  


Also desperately need to drink more water.  Maybe that will help some of these issues, not sure.  I can't keep this up very well - I feel completely useless on the days that I run and that is not helpful at all.  Doesn't help that we are this close to the end of summer and I NEED some time to myself - lack of motivation in all areas of life right now.  


Perhaps, ultimately, the thing I need to do is rethink running this race in September - maybe I just CAN'T do it.  Maybe I'm pushing too hard and my body is pushing back.

No comments: