Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday August 3, 2010

Workout: 30:00 cross training (stationary bike) + strength
Weight: 127.0 (what?!)

I hate cross training. It seems so pointless as it never seems like as good of a workout as running. I guess its a good thing to switch it up here and there, but I still hate it. A lot. And I really have to work hard to get to the gym to do it.

I have switched to lower weights with higher reps while I'm training, but I'm still nearing failure on most things.

I don't think that 127 is an accurate weight - I believe that is water retention. However, I do need to start thinking a little more about diet. I would still love to get to 115, but it will take a lot of motivation and hard work. I'm not sure its possible to do while I'm training, but I need to put some actual thought into this. I have not been eating well for quite some time - I don't eat horribly, but I haven't been eating as well as I should be. I think a lot has to do with it being summer and having no desire to go to the grocery store with the three kids - I can't focus or think about what I'm buying while I'm there with them. And I haven't had enough focus to put together menus or grocery lists, either, while I'm home. This summer, while busy and fun, has made me feel like my mind is in a complete fog. And I don't like that at all. 2 1/2 weeks until school begins and then I feel like I'll be able to think again.

Next year, I need to do something before school ends to prepare for this aspect of summer. I should be able to put together some general meal plans and grocery lists to get me through the summer - need to remember to do that, because this sucks.

No comments: