Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monday August 23 & Tuesday August 24, 2010

Mon Workout: 6.43 miles
Time: 1:02:46
Pace: 9:45?
Weight: 128.0


Ran outside and felt really good.  I made a very conscious effort to tell myself that I felt good rather than miserable and I think it helped.  The lower humidity also helped - I have to believe that the high humidity really affects me on those long runs.  I ran the whole thing with only one short walking break that I had given myself permission to take early on (as a goal... I actually had given myself permission to walk up one of the worst hills, but then ended up running up that hill and walking to recover afterward).  This was a major accomplishment for me, since my running has been so sub-par lately and filled with a lot of walking breaks.  The run today - which was supposed to be 6 miles - was a big confidence booster... so much so that I added some to it while I was running, just because I felt good.


I also made myself a protein smoothie afterward as a recovery drink.  I think that helps and I'm going to do that after every run from now on.


Tue Workout: 25:00 cross training + upper body
Weight: 126.0


I cut 5 minutes off of the cross training and cut out a couple of muscles in the strength training due to time (should have been 30:00 cross).  I really need to get to the gym earlier than I did if I want to have any quiet time afterward / before the girls get up for school.


The workout was so-so.  I did the pre-cor machine next to carissa, so I didn't hit it hard, but my heart rate was in the 120's, which is acceptable.  Strength training was good, even if I omitted biceps and chest.  The exercises I did, I did well and I added 50 reps of the ab machine.


Weight: Now that school has begun I am officially watching what I eat and trying to lose the 3-5 pounds that I've gained.  I have been dutifully drinking water throughout the day and have cut out my devotion/coffee treat, which always starts out with good intentions, but ends up going overboard.  That is the biggest thing I miss when I watch what I eat - that treat with my devotions and coffee, but it gets out of hand and I need to cut it.  I haven't made any rules for myself, just focus on eating less and eating better and making sure I have that recovery drink after my runs.

No comments: