Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday August 10,. 2010

Workout: 5.66 miles
Time: 57:33
Pace: 10:10
Weight: ?
Two Years Ago

Got up and checked on the state of the humidity and decided that it was okay enough to go.  Besidse, the sky got me - it was beautiful when I stepped outside.

It wasn't the greatest run I've ever done, but I didn't expect it to be, so I just did what I could.  I ended up taking some longer walking breaks because of the humidity and the lack of water.  Longer like a whole song - probably close to 1/4 mile twice during the run.  So I'm pretty happy with my time.  I did think that it would be a longer distance though, but oh well.

It was nice to run on totally flat roads.  There were no hills to dread or recover from, so that was a really nice change of pace.  But there was also a lack of familiarity with the route so I didn't have a certain goal in mind before I stopped to walk or (like at home stop at a drinking fountain).  It is always fun to run in a new place.

At any rate, I feel better about myself and my running again.  I am probably 5 pounds too heavy right now and I need to do something about that after school begins, but I'm not concerned about it right now - can't really do anything until then anyway.  I do not like the way I feel, though, and that is my motivator for losing it and hopefully 5 more after that.  Ugh - I hate dieting.  I wish weight wasn't such hard work.

No comments: