Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday February 14, 2011

Workout: 5.5 miles 2 % incline
Time: 53:15
Pace: 9:40
Weight: 126.4

Ran this morning at 9:30ish.  THAT is a perfect time to run, but not in the cards for 99% of my days.  Anyway, run was good.  I've been off since last Wednesday so I was feeling (mostly) good while I ran.  I also read a garbage magazine, which really occupied my brain for 3.5 miles, which means I wasn't focusing on the number of songs I was doing or where I was or any of that.  The whole 5.5 miles went pretty quickly.

I have had a sinus infection since last Wednesday night.  I went in to the doctor on Thursday afternoon and got a script for antibiotics, but I finished them today and don't feel a whole lot better.  While I was running, any time I stepped off (once to stretch, once to put the fan on) I would get a blasting headaches that made me cringe.  This whole time that is what it has been - a movement of my head causes a sharp pain for a brief moment, which makes me wince in terror and then goes away - until the next movement.  It really sucks.  Right now, though, I have some serious sinus pressure going along with it.  Wondering if I'm going to need the refill of the zpak - don't want it, but may be necessary. All of this to say... I've wanted to run my workouts for the last several days, but haven't felt quite up to doing so.  I wanted to run my tempo run so badly, but never found an opportunity where I felt good enough to try.  Today, I was bound and determined to get my run in, but now I am suffering.

Also trying to hammer the water today in the hopes that MAYBE some of this is due to dehydration, but not very hopeful about that.

1 comment:

Yeast Infection said...

Fresh cut flowers are beautiful, but I’m allergic to pollen. If a vase of flowers sits in my house for more than a day. Please Don’t Buy Me Flowers for Valentine’s Day.