Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday February 17, 2011

Workout: 5 miles tempo
incline: 1 & 1.5%
time: 48:45
weight: 125.8


This was quite possibly the hardest run I've ever done.  I have never given up on a run before and I did on this one.  I cut the cool down short by 1 mile and I had already decreased the incline to 0...  After a mile of cool down (10:00) pace my heart rate was up at 178 yet (during warm up at 10:00 pace, my heart rate was 165).  I just couldn't do it, my body felt so weak and the thought of doing another mile was overwhelming.  This was not a mental thing this time, my body was weak.  I don't think I ate enough food yesterday.


I ran 5 good miles yesterday at 48:55.  I think I did a 1% incline - the incline at the gym is much harder than at home.  I did a steady pace at 9:40 and made it almost entirely through without hopping off.  I hopped off after a mile to do a quick hamstring stretch and then again at 3.25 miles just to give myself a breather/mental break.  The second stop was very quick and was more mental than anything else, but the run was good.  I felt good the whole time.  I think though, that my eating was way off yesterday, which affected my workout today.


I haven't done yoga for a couple of weeks.  I've been back at the gym and have been doing some cross training and weight training.  I don't know where or how to fit in a 90 minutes yoga workout.  I AM doing ab work at the gym, though.  I am also stretching for at least 5 minutes after every workout on the precor stretching station.  My hamstrings suck and thats all I have to say about that.


My ankles and feet have been bothering me.  I had to take several days off last week due to a sinus infection - I think I ran a total of 10 miles last week.  Then this week I was right back at 5.5 & 5 miles - going to do a total of 22 miles this week.  Wondering if my ankles are feeling the stress of that.  Don't know why they would, but they are hurting in a way that they haven't before.  

No comments: