Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday February 7, 2011

Workout: 5 miles
Time: 48:55
Pace: 9:41 (average)
Weight: 127.4


Ugh, it was a rough one this morning.  I made myself go to the gym.  I figured I need to get these workouts done earlier in the morning and I'm not motivating myself enough to get downstairs that early, but I will for the gym.  Still incredibly dehydrated from being sick - having a hard time getting rehydrated right now.


I get to the gym and walk in right behind Carissa.  She hasn't been to the gym in months, so this was very exciting for both of us.  I wanted to run next to her, but the treadmill didn't work - so I moved over.  Got started and for some reason my ipod was not working.  BUNK!  That sucks, but I could plug my headphones into the tv so I at least could listen to something... although still much harder to run to SportsCenter than to music.  In addition to the ipod bunkness, the guy next to me smelled so bad.  And every time he lifted his arms up to hold onto the consol (I find a lot of older walkers do this - I don't get it) the smell intensified.  It wasn't BO, it was just person smell... can't describe it except to say it was horrible.


So I allowed myself to run at 0% incline, increased my speed to 9:30 (first mile was at 10:00, which is why my average pace was 9:40), and allowed myself to hop off when I needed to.  I didn't do it much, but I really let myself have a shitty workout because I knew it was going to be crap right away.  I got the miles in, though, and thats really what matters today.

No comments: