Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday February 19, 2011

Workout: 7.25 miles
Time: 70:00
Pace: 9:39 (average)
Weight: 126.4


So glad I have this out of the way.  Was not looking forward to doing a long run.  I'm kind of getting sick of running and this sounded awful.  Not sure if running outside would make a difference in my being sick of it.  Perhaps.  But its got to get a lot warmer for me to run outside at 6am.  And thinking about getting up early on Saturday mornings to drive out to Old Plank Trail  to do longer runs than this sounds soooo... ick.  Not diggin' the training right now.


I made a playlist entirely of praise & worship music.  It was really nice to run to that this morning instead of the same ol' songs that I normally run to.  For one thing, the songs are longer, so while a 7 mile run with my normal playlist would be about 18 songs, this run was only 14 songs.  So when I'm counting songs and find out that after 5 songs I've already run 2.75 miles when I normally would have barely hit the 2 mile mark, that is awesome.  


Beyond that, though, I'm really trying to immerse myself in God and become more aware of him throughout the day.  I find that it really helps me to listen to p&w music during the day... it refocuses my attention on what I should be focused on.  Unfortunately I've been living in a stretch of time where if I think about God beyond my bible reading the in the morning it is a miracle.  I know it is happening and I confess it and want to be more aware, but it doesn't change.  In the past, I've found that playing p&w music helps me a lot with that.  I'm also listening to Moody Bible radio in the car instead of normal talk radio banter.  I find the station and the people on it to be too fundamental and conservative for me, however, I'm hearing Bible verses when i normally wouldn't be and their fundamentalist and conservative opinions are causing me to think about issues and where I stand on them and what I think.  It also prompts conversations between me & Dave and other people.  So even though I don't like much of what I hear, it is good to hear it.


So listening to my p&w playlist had several good effects this morning.  I did find myself struggling to run against the beat of the music a couple of times, which was frustrating, but overall it was pretty close to my pace.

No comments: