Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday February 3, 2011

Workout: Tempo run - 4 miles total
Time: 38:17
Pace: 9:34 (average)
Weight: 127.2


Tempo workout was:
1 mile warm up (10:00)

2.25 mile tempo (9:13)
.75 mile cool down (10:00)


The tempo portion was supposed to be 2 miles, but I felt so good that I added another 1/4 mile.  I was also very disappointed because I want so badly to write here that I did the entire run with not breaks, no step-offs (other than my short stretch at 1/2 mile), in fact it was that thought that was motivating me to get through it.  But alas, it was not meant to happen on a snow day...  somehow I cannot run on the treadmill without at least 1, or 2, or 3, interruptions, which eventually for one reason or another require me to hop off for a minimum of 10 seconds (this time it was simply to put my headphones back on).  So I cannot say that I ran even the whole tempo portion without hopping off, however brief it was... so I added a 1/4 mile to it:)  Really, I felt so good during the entire run and am quite excited to feel good while running again.


Still coughing a little bit, but otherwise feel healthy.  Still very dehydrated and the scale is driving me crazy (the weight and the dying battery).  Need to hammer the water for the rest of the day - lost steam yesterday.  Not sure I can fully rehydrate with it being this cold, though, so it may be wasted effort.  Whatever - my clothes fit again, thank you flu!

No comments: