Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday July 22, 2011

Workout: Lap swim 30:00
# of laps: 40 lengths/20 full laps


Ahhh the boys swim team was not there this morning and I felt so much better :)  I still feel like kind of an idiot even with just the high school life guard sitting there watching.  I'm so out of my element - I have no idea what I'm doing or what is normal and I'm not good and have to rest and I can't keep my goggles from getting fogged up.  But I do it and its a good work out and ultimately that is all that matters.


I swam 10 lengths of breast stroke before taking a short rest to check my time.  Then swam two lengths of back stroke.  I repeated that 3 times and then did a final 4 lengths of breast stroke to finish at 40 lengths.  My full time was 31:14.


I tried to do a front crawl at one point and I don't think I even made it halfway through one length before I switched back to breast stroke.  It was so difficult and I was gasping for breath - i couldn't continue.  So I guess front crawl is definitely out unless i can get some time in a friend's pool to practice it a little more.


Right now I'm definitely feeling very fatigued, physically.  My upper body is tired.  I can feel a tension headache wanting to bust through, my right tricep, forearm, wrist and hand are aching.  The pool is closed for the next 3 weeks.  I enjoy it, but that forced break is going to give me some time to evaluate and try to figure out what kind of swimming/running schedule I want to do.  Not sure what a good mix will be.


Weighed myself this morning after 2 weeks of weight watchers.  I'm slightly pissed about it.  I hate dieting.  I hate being hungry.  I have restricting myself.  I hate the fact that I have no options if we want to go out for dinner.  I hate that I have only 5 pounds to lose, but can't seem to take it off.  Either I'm not doing something right, or I'm not willing to do what is necessary.  I have a hard time believing I'm eating too much - I'm sticking to my points every day.  The only thing that could be an issue is that I eat a decent amount of fruit everyday - its all 0 points, but maybe its not a good idea to eat watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, nectarine & a banana all in one day?  I don't know.  very aggravated about it.  Maybe I should just be fat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why wouldnt you want the boys swim team there. They are ripped,I remember when I was swimming, best shape of my life

i am not said...

ha! because they were super intimidating and the coaches were hanging out on the deck - i just felt stupid, because I had no idea what I was doing.