Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday July 19, 2011

Workout: lap swimming 30:00


I finally got to do some lap swimming and I loved it.  But it was HARD.  I wanted to quit after 6 minutes - and if I hadn't driven 20 minutes to get there and had to work up my courage to get into the pool to begin with (the high school boys swim team was working out), then I might have quit at that point.  I didn't think to count how many laps I did - I will next time.


I can only do breast stroke and back stroke.  I didn't dare attempt freestyle while all of those athletes were in the pool... would have looked like a complete idiot.  I've never been able to do the freestroke, but I want to learn - people look so effortless when they do it... just gliding through the water.


I had to stop to rest after every two pool lengths (not sure how many yards the pool is - 25?).  My heartrate was just as high as when i run.  I have to figure out how to just settle in and get through it - thats what I do when I'm running in order to get through the high heartrate.  Will definitely be a challenge.


I did pushups last night.  22+30+20+20+(22+4+2) = 120 total pushups with 2 minutes between sets.  These pushups are crazy, but I'm loving it!  I see strength gains already - the fact that I can do that set of 30 without breaking it up amazes me.  I love it!  I feel strong and fit.


I started counseling last night.  I have other issues that are more important to deal with, but I hope at some point to talk about body image and eating.  I may not have specific eating disorders anymore, but I'm certainly not free of body image and food related insecurities and problems.  

1 comment:

Everyday Mom said...

Good for you for trying the swimming. FYI - I might be doing a few counseling sessions too to sort out some "life issues."