Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday April 16, 2010

Workout: 20:00 cross + weights
Weight: 125.8

Went to the gym in the afternoon. Did 20 minutes on the eliptical and then did leg press, lateral raises, chest, abductors, adductors, shoulder press and biceps.

I was sitting on the bicep machine, reaching for the handles to do my second set when a guy comes up and asks if he can "jump in on it real quick". I was so flustered I gave him a really bitchy look and left to take a shower. In the shower room I was extremely peeved about it. I felt like it was incredibly disrespectful and condescending. I soooo wanted to run into him when I left so I could tell him that my workout, my time, and my biceps were just as important as his. I mean, I think it is rude to do that to anyone, but seriously - I am in great shape, I have toned arms - I look like I work out - does it really look like my workouts are not important to me? I felt very disrespected. If I'd hadn't been so shocked and taken by surprise I would have told him that I'd only be 2 more minutes and he could have it when I was finished. Really - 2 minutes. He couldn't wait that long?

So that obviously rubbed me the wrong way.

Other than that, my workout was good. Heart rate was in the mid to upper 150's on the eliptical. I increased many of my weights because I'm not running and don't need to worry about tired muscles affecting my runs.

I'm really looking forward to running again on Monday. I'm going to do my 6 miles outside instead of on the treadmill at the gym. My 6 mile route is actually around 6.15, so I may add our horseshoe stree to make it 6.5 or 6.75. I can't wait to start running again. I would also like to take some time to research proper strength training routines that compliment running training, in addition to really figure out my proper calorie intake - what I need, what I eat and what I would need to intake in order to lose 5 pounds. I suspect that in the end I'm not eating enough... or at least I'm in starvation mode during the week and then overeating during the weekend. Even with my healthy eating ideas that I posted a couple of days ago, I still feel like I need to be a little more deliberate and intentional about my diet. I just really hate figuring it all out - I'd love to have a nutrition coach who told me exactly what to eat.

One of the mom's from Bugly's preschool class went in and taught them yoga yesterday. Imagine: 4 & 5 year olds doing yoga. Bugly showed me some poses after school and she was absolutely the cutest warrier ever:) It reminded me that I want to do yoga - I had forgotten! I'm going to start looking into it. We are now in a place where I think Cornbread and I can figure out the scheduling issues in addition to the fact that my job has provided a small cushion of disposable income. Although we intend to use anything extra to pay off debt (and have been doing an awesome job - our goal this year was $4000 for the year; we paid off $3500 in the first quarter!!!!), I think we can spare the minimal amount for me to take a yoga class. Bugly's teacher is going to get me the info from this mom so I can check that out - she said it was pretty inexpensive. I really want to get going on this one - I had a goal of taking a class before my 34th birthday this year and I didn't meet it. Hoping to take a class this year.

No comments: