Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday April 28, 2010

Planned workout: 3 miles
Actual workout: 3.64 miles
Time: 35:15
Pace: 9:44
Weight: 126.8

I am still astonished by my pace. I have never run under 10:15 outside. Never. And really, I took a full minute stop at the drinking fountain, so my running pace was actually 9:28, which really amazes me. Really.

I'm so proud of myself. My confidence was waining to be sure. I really felt like I sucked even more every time I went out. So to go out and run that fast just astonishes me and moves me forward in a huge way.

I'm going to get through this race and then probably join Weight Watchers again. I know my true weight is not as high as 126.8 - that was my first thing in the morning weight, but I weighed myself after I ran and I was 124.0 - however, I would still like to lose 5-8 pounds and I think I need some discipline training again. I need to lower my mileage and start adding the diet discipline back in and get a clear idea of how much to eat. I think that for the most part I don't eat enough calories, but I need some help figuring it out... especially as I increase my mileage again in the middle of the summer when I start training again.

I think we're going to run the half marathon in Holland, MI at the end of September. Its super cheap ($30) so you can't beat that, but it also sounds like a beautiful course - 4 miles along Lake Macatawa, ending in Holland State Park. It will be a good time of year, my parents can watch the girls, we can meet up with some friends, etc. Just sounds like a good one to do and I'm looking forward to it. I think we have 20 weeks between the Indy and the Holland, so training would begin in mid June or in July depending on what kind of mileage I'm doing before then.

No comments: