Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Workout: supposed to be 6 miles, was actually 60:00 on eliptical
Weight: 124.8

Someone please shoot me. I cannot do another 60 minutes workout on the eliptical. It is so boring. I don't feel like I'm getting a good workout. AND the bottoms of my feet fall asleep. My goodness I hate it. Not like how I used to hate running or how I hate circuits - that it's so hard and almost torturous. No, this hate stems from how boring it is. Ugh. I hate it. HATE it.

Went to the gym yesterday afternoon and did 20 minutes on the eliptical (which seems to fly by after having done 60 the day before) and lifted weights - glutes, hams, quads, skipped calves, lat pull down, row & triceps. Here is something that makes me wonder.... I've been lifting weights for 3+ years - sometimes pretty heavy weights - and I've been running for 2+ years. I'm in great shape, I've got very strong legs. I did 30 reps of 20lbs on the sit down hamstring machine. Some lady sat down after me and whipped out 70+ pounds on the same machine and did the reps fast, like there was no weight on it. Here's the kicker: She's probably 50ish, overweight, has quite a bit of flabby skin and cellulite. I'm not judging, just observing - so how is it that SHE, who appears as if she hardly works out, can more than triple my hamstring weight and make it look like she's doing nothing?

I actually make a lot of observations at the gym in the afternoon. Seems there is a lot of weirdness there after 7am:)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Isn't it crazy the different people groups that are there at different times? My friend and I avoid the 5:00 PM weights class because it just feels like a snobby crowd versus our 7:00 PM class where there are nice cool people.