Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday January 17, 2011

Workout: 4.5 miles
Time: 43:36
Pace: 9:40 (average)
Weight: 128.2


I had a rough go of it this morning.  Mentally, I'm doing much better, but physically I had a tough run this morning.  My right calf felt like cement for the first 2.5 miles - like it did during the Turkey Trot - so I had to hop off several times to stretch it out.  The last half of the run was good, though.  Like I said, mentally I'm back in.  


My recovery today has been rough.  I feel like I ran 12 miles this morning.  My body is beyond exhausted, I am tired and just want to take a nap.  And I got up later than usual (6:15 as opposed to 5:15) and I only ran 4.5 miles.  I really think that I'm not eating enough calories to sustain this, but when I check and recheck the number of calories I should be eating in order to lose .5-2lbs/week, it is right now.  Something is not right, though.  I shouldn't be feeling like this.


I revised the training schedule yesterday.  I made it similar to Hal Higdon schedule where it has step back weeks every third long run.  We will get all the way up to 14 miles two weeks before the race and then taper... something I noticed was missing from the 5/3 RBR training schedule.  I'm not going to be gipped out of my taper lol!


I had to think about the idea of revising and realized that what was holding me back was my pride.  I COULD complete that schedule, but I don't WANT to & I'll be incredibly exhausted from now until the race.  I had to get over the fact that I felt it was weak to revise.  Its not.  Its realistic and necessary for both of us.  I don't need to be a hero or prove anything to anyone - I need to run my own race.

No comments: