Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday january 26, 2011

Man, I've slacked here.  I've done my runs, but haven't recorded them here.


Saturday I ran 6 miles on the treadmill while I watched the movie, Tropic Thunder.  I have to say, that was a nice way to pass the time.


Monday morning, I ran 4.75 miles on the treadmill.  I did alright - slowed my pace down to begin with, but then found myself constantly fighting the music and changing my pace again and again to match the music.  Made for a kind of rough run - that kind of thing is harder on the treadmill, I think.  When I'm running outside its more of a natural change in pace/transition.  Running on the treadmill = running for a while before I realize I'm fighting and expending too much energy doing it.  Anyway, my schedule was for 4.5 miles, but I added the extra .25 mile on the back end to make up for the couple of really short jumpoffs I had to catch my breath when I found myself fighting.  I also wanted to finish a song.


Was going to do yoga yesterday morning, but Georgia was sick overnight and I started up with a chest cold/cough-up-a-lung at the same time.  I had a hard time getting back to sleep.  I also had thoughts running through my head about a girl I know who put her 2 year old to bed with a fever and some tylenol and she woke up the next morning & he had died overnight.  Made it difficult to get back to sleep when Georgia was burning up, throwing up, screaming that she was hot, and giving her some tylenol.


Yesterday, G felt pretty crummy all day, but we did get out to run some errands.  I continued to hack up a lung all day and by the end of the afternoon had called it quits.  Done.  On the couch.  Low grade fever.  Aches, chills, headache from coughing, sore throat from coughing.  G was still feverish, although I couldn't get a good read because I was trying to do it under her arm while she was sleeping.  She also ate 1 clementine in the morning & 1/2 of a slice of bread with butter in the evening.  That was it.  She drank several cups of water throughout the day.  


She put herself to bed around 7pm (went up to put pajamas on and never came back down - never got pajamas on either), again burning up.  Gave her some tylenol and I settled in on the couch for the night so Dave could get a decent night of sleep without my coughing & try to keep from getting it himself.  Neither of us slept well.  I hate sleeping on the couch and Dave was burdened by thoughts of Jason & his stepdaughter and worried about Georgia.  


This morning there was no running to be done... I am not going to run & hack up a lung at the same time.  I did that in Cabo a few years ago - not eager to do it again... unless the treadmill is overlooking the ocean & the sunrise.  G slept late again this morning, threw up in her bed, came down to the couch, does not have a fever, threw up immediately after I gave her 1 tsp of tylenol, and then just threw up again.  She's taking sips of water & gatorade... I think she's going to be alright, I just hate that she feels like this.  AND I know its coming my way - ugh.

No comments: