Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday January 12, 2011

Workout: 3 miles at 2% incline
              p90x Abripper
Time: 38:57
Pace: 9:39
Weight: 129.0


After spending a great deal of time complaining to Jason last night about how badly I suck at running, I was determined to get through this run and do it well.  I decided to use the mantra "Conquer it!" as I ran.  It helped.  It also helped that it was only 3 miles :)  However, I always feel like I settle in right at that point...

Next week, I may make a very concerted effort to slow my pace down by quite a bit to try to get back some confidence.  I may run at 10:30 and see what my heart rate is with that.  I know that last year when I was training for Indy, by the end I would have a heart rate of 165 bpm while I was running, so I know it will get better as I go, but I haven't taken THAT much time off to make this big of a difference.  It will get better and I need to stop complaining, stop focusing on how miserable I feel while I'm running and start focusing on something better.  I'm going to try to figure that out today.



Abripper was good this morning.  I really didn't feel like doing it, but its only 15 minutes and I didn't want to give in - because if I gave in this time, then I'd feel it was okay to give in other times and pretty soon I wouldn't be doing it anymore.  I need to work my core and get it stronger - for my running, yes, but mostly for my back.  I've never consistently worked my core, so this is new and I want to keep with it.


Still hungry all.the.time.  I hate counting calories.  I keep telling myself that every pound I lose will make running even easier, so its worth it.  

No comments: