Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday January 15, 2011

Workout: Long Run - 5.5 miles
Time: 53:47
Pace: 9:44
Weight: 128.6


Dave and I revised our training plan.  He ran 8 miles this morning and really felt like he wasn't ready for it.  As we were talking about it, we both felt like the training plan we're using is just too much for us.  So we're going to modify the plan we used for the two half marathons last year and add a couple of weeks to it so we can get our long runs up to 14 1/2 miles by the time we get to the race.  This is the only way that I'm willing to still run the race - I just don't WANT to be running 5-7 miles on Mondays and Wednesday right now.  I want to include and focus on other things.  

Todays run, then, was supposed to be 5 miles.  I ran outside for the first time since November and I over dressed.  I had to stop at 1 mile to remove a layer and leave it on a fire hydrant :)  On the way home, though, I was heading into a pretty icy wind, so the gloves went back on... but I was still fine without that additional fleece that I had left on the side of the street.  



It was really nice to run outside again and I'm going to do it more often.  The hills, though, kicked my butt.  To my credit, though, I did not walk up any hills - I ran all of them, but I did stop to walk at the top of a lot of the bigger ones.  I didn't let myself walk for very long, just enough to catch my breath.  All in all I felt good about my run and I'm happy to be running again.  And I was very pleased with my pace - I was a bit worried that I'd get home and find that I ran an 11:00 pace and I'd be disappointed with myself.  I'm pleased with under 10:00.


I'm really happy to be at 5 miles instead of 8 :)

No comments: