Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday January 6, 2011

Workout: Tempo run - 4 miles total
Incline: 2%
Pace: 9:30 (average)
Weight: 128.4


Run was 1 mile warm up (at 10:00) 2 mile tempo (at 9:15) and 1 mile cool down (at 10:00 and gradual decrease of incline).


I'm still sucking wind the entire time.  Not sure why I can't settle in and get into a groove.  I think I need to get back outside - I was thinking in the shower that I really want to start to love running again.  There are probably a lot of things I need to do to make that happen - go outside, stop caring about my time and pace, stop caring about my mileage, etc.  Basically, let it go.  But not sure I can do that and train for a race at the same time.  If we remain snow-less next week, I'm going to try to get outside for at least one run.


Ate just shy of 1500 calories yesterday.  Went out for lunch with Dave, Carol & Jan Gewont to Mimi's Cafe.  I stuck with an item on their fit and fresh menu which listed the calories, so that was easy to track.  I'm pretty hungry throughout the day, but what I miss the most is my treat with my coffee in the morning.  I'm having biscotti on Sunday morning and I can't wait.  Glad to see a 1lb loss every day, though - that is nice motivation:)

No comments: