Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday January 8, 2011

Workout: Long Run - 7 miles
Time: 1:08:23
Pace: 9:46 (average)
Incline: 2% (mostly)
Weight: 128.2


This run was fine.  I decided to do it at a slower pace to try to get through it a little better and I think that helped.  I varied my pace and incline throughout the run based on how I felt. I never went lower than a 1% incline, though, and didn't spend much time at 1%.  I mainly ran at a 9:40 pace, but a little 10:00 and a little 9:30 mixed in there at times.  I really struggled through the first 2.5 miles but mentally pushed through it, making myself get through 6 songs before I could step off to turn the fan on.  That helped.  The last mile was a struggle, too, because I just wanted to be done.


Dave and I are thinking about revising the training plan.  He struggled through his 7 miles this morning moreso than I did.  I did pretty well considering, although I mentally battled through a lot of it.  He didn't feel like he did as well.  We both feel like this is kind of too much too early.  There are also 3 15 mile runs before the race.  I'm just not sure we're at that level and I'm not sure we need to pretend to be at that level.  We're not training for times, we're training to finish.  

No comments: