Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday January 25, 2013

Workout: Deck of cards - 20:00
Weight: 129.0

Forgot to blog about yesterday - went swimming again.  I kind of lost count on how many total yards I swam.  It was at least 1000, but could have been as high as 1150.  I started with 300 yds of breast stroke and then tried to work on my front crawl.  It is hard work - I have no idea how people just do lap after lap after lap without resting after each 25yds to  catch their breath.  Maybe I'll get to that point some day.  

My body was tired last night.  It doesn't feel like a hard workout at the time, other than the breathing, but my body is wiped later in the day.

Today I got up and did another deck of cards workout - jumping jacks, crunches, deadlift squats, tricep dips/speed skaters.  I started out with the tricep dips, but I think my whole right upper arm is jacked up.  The first set was fine and then after 3 on the second set I couldn't do anymore because of my elbow, so I switched that suit to speed skaters.  It was a good workout.  Wasn't as good as Wednesdays but it was fine.

I'm going to do my best to rest my arm/shoulder for a couple of weeks.  I'm going to continue with swimming/running and the deck of cards workouts.  I had thought about doing yoga on my off days, but even that, I think, could strain my shoulder with the downward and upward dogs especially.  

Next week I'm going to try to go get the blood test.

No comments: