Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday January 21, 2013

Workout: Deck of cards (30:00)
Weight: 131.0
One Year Ago

We went to Midland to visit Mike and Cara this weekend.  They have a membership to the community center and our whole family was able to go with them for the afternoon.  It is awesome - I'm sure its like a YMCA, but we have nothing like that by us... just expensive gyms.  The kids all did the rock climbing wall.  Mike and I swam laps, Dave ran on the indoor track, Cara played raquetball with Joseph and then the kids all swam in the leisure pool.  It was really cool and I'm definitely jealous of it.

I worked hard at trying to figure out the front crawl stroke and I enjoyed it.  I took my time and Mike also told me to turn my hips more, which helped a LOT.  It is a lot of mental work for me because there are so many things to think about while doing it, but I really liked it and now view it as a challenge - I need to keep doing it so I can get better and see improvement.  I'm going to find a place to go - very excited about it now.

Today the girls were off from school so I slept in and almost didn't get around to working out.  I was discouraged because I don't think I can do the push up/pull up workout with p90x anymore.  I have something seriously wrong with my right bicep/shoulder.  Just sitting here right now I feel pain and i'm not doing anything.  I did something to it (don't recall anything specific) during the last rounds of P90x I did last May and have stopped doing all pushups since then.  I would think that it would have healed in that 6 months, but it is back worse than before.  Muscle, not joint.

I was getting kind of upset about it and told Dave I didn't know what to do for a work out... he suggested I do a card of decks workout.  So I put one together:
Clubs - squats

Diamonds - burpees
Spades - side crunches
Hearts - barre lifts

It was a good workout.  I would replace some of the exercises next time, but it was good.  Burpees are hard - especially when pulling several diamonds right after another.

Cut out gluten entirely today and am keeping a food journal.  I need to get to the bottom of this.  My wrists ache, thumb aches, neck/lower back joints ache, hips ache.  Enough.

1 comment:

April said...

I am impressed with your diligence! I hadn't eaten potatoes since Christmas and I ate them on Friday. Sure enough the next day all my joints ached. I hadn't eaten ice cream for a very long time and ate a bowl yesterday and my fingers were all swelled up. I couldn't tell you how much I hate all this food stuff, but really just wanted to say that you are not alone!