Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

Sooooo...

I did well with the elimination diet, I really did.  Until Christmas Eve and then I gave in to sugar and have not crawled back out of it.  And by Christmas when the cheese plate was set out before dinner I caved again with Dairy.  And then as long as I had already given in to 2/3 of my eliminated stuff I just gave in to gluten too to have it over with.  I can't say that I feel achy or much different, but I do feel as if I am retaining more water - which would make sense.  I haven't eaten a ton of dairy since then as I'm beginning to think that may be the issue.


I weighed myself this morning and was up to 129.6, which is not surprising with the amount of undiscipline I've had in the last week.

Today I got back to oatmeal for breakfast and trying to eat mainly plant based throughout the day.  I have not jumped back on the complete plant based wagon yet, but I will next week.  I have a hard time starting things in the middle of the week.  I will be better this week, but won't kick it in hard core until Monday.  

Now my biggest thing is trying to decide what to do for workouts.  I haven't worked out since mid-end of November.  It has been nice to not have the added thing in my day to figure out - especially while I've been busy with Christmas - but its time to get back to it.

I'm considering:
1) running 3x/week + body weight workouts & yoga
2) swimming 3x/week + body weight workouts & yoga
3) P90x + running 2x/week

If I begin p90x next week, then week 8 - a rest week - would fall right when we're in the Dominican Republic.  That would work out well.  I might do that - have to think about it some more.

Not sure about the running/swimming thing.  I miss running.  I don't want to not be a runner.  I'm just wondering if it causes me too much pain.  And I would like swimming except for the 15 minute drive to/from the gym. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it feels like a huge burden.  

I have 4 days to figure this out.  I'm thinking, though, that I may be in the mood for p90x.

No comments: