Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday January 8, 2013

Workout: Run 3.17 miles
Weight: 129.4

I was planning to swim today in the afternoon.  I didn't have to work in the morning so I checked out the pool schedule to see if I could go earlier - couldn't really go until 10:30ish and by that point I had decided that I'm just not into the swimming thing.  I could possibly get into it if it was closer or if I felt like I knew what I was doing.  And the fact that I have to work around swim team and aquatic aerobic schedules is frustrating to me.  So I ran instead.  I can run at any time - right outside my door and I can decide to do it on a whim.  I don't have to figure out where I'm going to find 1 1/2 - 2 hours to go to the gym and be home in time for the girls.  And the fact that I can't listen to music and its super boring is really the nail in the coffin for me.  So I'm glad I didn't spend more than $30 on a swimsuit and didn't pay for a membership.

Ran 3.17 - my normal route.  It was really, really hard.  I haven't run in probably 6 weeks or more, so it was rough.  I pushed myself to not stop to walk even if it meant I was running super slow.  I ran a full mile, walked a little, ran 1.15 miles, walked, and then ran .75 miles.  I'm proud of myself for working so hard and getting through it.  

Day 2 of this 8/16 diet.  Can't eat until 12:45 - I'm not hungry, I just really like my oatmeal breakfast, especially with a cup of coffee :)  Dave is home with day 2 of the flu - we're going to head out to get his car epa tested and then I can eat when I get home.  

No comments: