Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday January 22, 2013

Workout: 1000 yards - swimming
weight: 129.8

Went to The Core and swam this morning.  I got in the pool around 11:20 and had swum 1000 yards by 11:55.  I don't know what that means or if its good, but I felt like it was a good workout.  I did 250 yards breast, 50 yards crawl, 50 yards back, and then I don't remember.  I do know that I ended the workout with 250 yards breast stroke again.  I wasn't able to do much more than 100 yards of crawl at one time.  It was very tiring for me.  I worked hard at turning my hips, but I found that as I got toward the end of the lap and got more tired I started sinking and would have more difficulty with the hips and breathing.  Its going to take a lot of practice, but I'm excited that I can at least complete a couple of laps...  when I tried to swim at the high school last year I had no idea what I was doing and couldn't make it more than 2 strokes without giving up.  It is definitely tough for me - by the end of the 50 yds, I was wasted - every time.  Like upset stomach wasted.

Today my right shoulder/bicep, wrist and hand are hurting really bad.  I think because of the burpees I did yesterday - there is a plank position in them that caused me fits.  So I will eliminate those next time.

Thinking that I won't be able to do arms/shoulders tomorrow because of the pain issues I have right now.  I will do a deck of cards workout again in the morning.

No comments: