Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday January 29, 2013

Workout: 1000 yards swim
Weight: 132.2

Did not workout yesterday.  I slept so horribly on Sunday night that I opted to sleep in a little yesterday morning... which means that I was awake from 4:45-6:00 and then dozed off until Nora woke me up at 6:30.  I really have to believe this is a gluten issue.  I was doing well last week and as the week went on the more days without gluten I had the better I was sleeping.  Then on Sunday - because I knew I was getting the blood test on Monday - I just gave in and had pancakes and a couple of pieces of pizza.  And then slept terribly again that night.  And my wrist and fingers of my right hand and my neck hurt a lot.  My weight has jumped 4 lbs in 2 days.  It has to be the issue.  I got the test yesterday and Dr. Steve said it takes about 3 weeks to get the results, but I am firmly committed to getting the gluten out of my system.  He said he had a lot of gluten issues - headaches were his primary complaint, but he also had recurring tendinitis that wouldn't heal.  After 3 months off of gluten he no longer had issues.  Hmmm - sounds familiar: tendinitis in my left ankle, my right knee, my right shoulder, my right forearm.

Joined the gym this morning and swam 1000 yards.  Takes me just slightly over 30 minutes to do 1000 yards.  I did:
300 yds breast

100 yds crawl
100 yds back
100 yds breast
100 yds crawl
alternate 25 back/25crawl for 200 yds
75 breast
25 crawl

1 comment:

April said...

Excited to hear about it your test results. Doesn't it drive you crazy too that it takes so long to get it out of your system once you do stop eating it. My sister in law put her family on a gluten and dairy free diet because of her younger son's yeast troubles. After a month off she noticed that her other son had lost some baby fat and was feeling better too. He had wheat again for a meal at Grandma's and sure enough he started to get excema again. Gluten sadly is an enemy of some of us! My sister in law has made some amazing gluten free breads, pancakes, and tortillas that are so good. She lives in the land of no sugar, dairy, gluten and because of other family issues, she doesn't bake with nuts. I ate her stuff this weekend and it was heaven! Yum! I love her persistence to make foods that have the right taste and texture. Love!