Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday January 17, 2013

Workout: Run 3.17 miles
Weight: ?
Two Years Ago


I did not blog yesterday... I did p90x shoulders/arms and it kicked my butt.  My body was so sore yesterday that I felt like I needed to take a bath in icy hot.  I iced and heated my shoulders and neck all morning and felt better as the day went on.

I was going to get up and do yogaX with Dave this morning, but I slept horribly again last night (more on that) and was awake from 4:15 - 5:45, so I went back to sleep until 7:30 and felt so much better because of it.  Decided to run outside today because the sun is out and it is gorgeous.  I had a really hard time settling in for the first mile - I was against the slight breeze, which at these temps makes everything feel icy.  The tips of my fingers were frozen and every breath into my nose felt like ice... so I had a hard time settling into a good rhythm with my breathing.  After 1.25 miles I stopped.  Stopped - not just walked, stopped, looked around, caught my breath and then continued.  It helped and the rest of the run was much better.  I ended up walking a little bit here and there but ended with an average of 10:14/mile.

I need new headphones - mine have a short so the music is only in my right ear.  Meh.

Had an interesting eating related thing happen - I believe it is eating related anyway.  I had some cornbread yesterday - which has gluten in it.  And I slept like crap again last night.  So I had gluten Sat/Sun - slept horribly.  No gluten M/T - slept well.  Gluten W - slept horribly.  This just seems way too coincidental.

So I think back throughout the last few years about my sleeping and gluten etc.  I'm not a huge gluten eater to begin with, but have never paid any attention to it.  I know, though, that there have been periods of time that I have had a lot of sleeping issues - in particular I remember feeling like I needed to start tracking my sleeping vs. cycle and see if it was cycle related.  I'm wondering now, if it hasn't been gluten related all along.  So I guess I will keep trying to keep track of it.  I feel like I should just go get the blood test because otherwise my extended family won't really believe it - suffice it to say none of them believe that food has an effect on the way a person feels other than digestive stuff (gas, bloating) - I'm pretty sure my parents think I'm a nut job with the way I eat or try to eat.  So I'm going to work on that - trying to figure out if I want to go to the chiropractor or my pcp.

1 comment:

April said...

I love how persistent you are to figure out what is happening to you in the food dept. I COMPLETELY get all your little findings. I am that way with Gluten, potato, corn and dairy. While I will cheat and have dairy or potato I will always regret the sore joints and swelling. I never play with gluten or corn anymore, their side effects are too irritating to mess with. HATE that I have problems, but I am glad that the best cure is just staying away from them.