Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday January 14, 2013

Workout: P90x Chest/Back
Weight: ? 
One year ago

Workout was good this morning.  I increased my reps on a lot of the exercises and I didn't feel completely out of my league.  There are a few kinds of pushups that I really want to master, but I realize that even after 2 consecutive rounds of p90x last year I did not master them, so it is not likely to happen soon.

I did not workout on Saturday - I had planned to run, but when I woke up my legs were unbearably sore from Friday's workout and then as my day progressed I ran out of opportunity.  I was bummed, too, because it was warm enough to run outside and its getting colder and colder this week.

The last 2 nights I have slept terribly.  This morning I also woke up and realized that I was retaining water in a huge way - my rings are tight, I barely had to go to the bathroom when I got up - and I had drank 16 oz of water right before I got into bed.  While thinking about these 2 things, I realized that the only thing that I have done differently in the last 2 days is eat a significant amount of gluten.  Saturday I had cornbread and last night I had breadsticks and some more cornbread.  I had thought that if I had a sensitivity to anything it was probably dairy, but now I'm wondering if it might actually be gluten.  I should just go get the blood test and be done with it.

No comments: