Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday January 23, 2012

Workout: Deck of Cards - 25:00
Weight: 129.2

After doing a minimal amount of googling last night, I think I have a strain on my bicep tendon that attaches the tendon to the shoulder.  And quite possibly a strain to the tendon that connects the bicep to the elbow at the bottom end.  So on the diagram below it would a strain to #10 and #4.  Those are the exact places that I'm feeling pain and stress.  It could also be tendinitis in those places - I'm still unclear about the difference.  I don't believe it is a pull or a tear as I don't have bruising or irregular shaped muscles.  However, it is tender to the touch in both of those places and also painful when using my arm in certain ways.  #4 is painful when I do things like cut into a hard fruit/vegetable - using my arm as a lever basically.  So when I cut watermelon, or pineapple, or butternut squash (before any of them are peeled).  #10 is painful when I raise my arm laterally or out to the side and often starts aching when I've been doing a lot with the computer mouse.


source

Yesterday I accidentally broke my gluten fast by tasting a cookie bar that I had made for the girls.  I didn't realize it until I had eaten 1/2 of one.  And because I had already broken it, I had a flour tortilla at Dave's folk's for dinner, and realized today that I believe commercially made taco seasoning has gluten in it.  All of that has been enough for me to decide to go get the blood test.  I'm driving myself crazy over here and I want to just know something definitvely so I know what to avoid.  My hands and wrists are very achy.  My hips are achy.  My knees are achy.  I can't recover from any kind of tendinitis anywhere.  So I'm going to discontinue p90x, except for the legs workout and I'll omit the back exercises.  I think I'm also going to go back to doing more yoga, I just haven't gotten a dvd that I really love and feel like I've had a good workout with it.  But I think I need to just recognize and acknowledge that I need to stop the craziness - if something is hurting me, I need to stop doing it.  This is taking a big hit on my pride.

No comments: