Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goal: 115 by October 10

Workout: Running: 25:00
Weight: 128.2

Running two days in a row is so hard. Its amazing how much more difficult it is on the second day than it is on the first for me. I decided to run a shorter route again today - I think I will try to always do that. I have a much harder time running continuously on my second day - I do a lot more walking than the other days. I felt, though, that I was running faster than I normally do. I also increased my stride length and felt very comfortable maintaining that speed with that stride. Perhaps I'm having a hard time running because I'm short-stepping myself, which leads to an increase in number of steps. I will have to pay more attention to that because I noticed with the longer stride I didn't seem to feel as tired or labored as I do with my normal-ish stride.

We went out to Giordanno's last night with Dave's family. Ugh - stuffed pizza is not such a good idea. I only had two pieces, but one is already too many. It was good, but not good enough to justify it.

September is going to be a month of cutting out. We are getting rid of the tv for a month. I want to also evaluate - with Dave - things in our diet that we should try to cut out for a month. I think we may try alcohol, but there are other things we should make an effort on, too - sugar probably being the highest on the list.