Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday June 4, 2010

Workout: Intervals
Time: 30:23
Distance: 3.25 miles
Pace: Average 9:21
Weight: 124.0

Today should have been a 2 mile warm up and weight training, but since I got up so early yesterday I wanted to sleep in this morning. I was going to skip it altogether, but wanted the activity points:)

Interval workout was as follows:

intervals on the treadmill at 1:20pm
*warm up: 5:00 at 6mph
*intervals: 20:00 alternating - 2:00 at 7.0 (8:34 pace), 2:00 at 6.0 (10:00 pace).
*last minute of intervals: 8.0 (7:30 pace)
*Cool down: 4:00 at 6.0

I felt good the whole time. Strong, comfortable, able to do it. I wondered if 2 minutes at 7.0 was going to be tough and it really wasn't. Next time I do intervals I'm going to increase them to 2:15 for each speed and hope to eventually get more and more time at each interval and a longer total workout, too. I wanted to keep it at around 30 minutes today due to timing and other stuff I have to do.

I really enjoy interval workouts. I'm excited for the training to begin because every week includes intervals and hill repeats. I look forward to the variety and the intensity. Two of my friends from high school are going to do the training plan and the race with me and I'm really jazzed about that. Not sure what kind of training Cornbread is going to do - may prove difficult for him to find the time to do what I'm going to do.

Weight Watchers was good yesterday. I stuck pretty close to my points. I'm not sure how many I ate exactly. I had 9 points left for dinner and then Cornbread walked in the door with a plate of leftover lasagna and spinach dumplings from a Chamber of Commerce dinner he had attended. I had a bite of the lasagna, just for the taste of it, but I ate all of the dumplings (there weren't a whole lot on the plate). Then I had a bowl of high fiber cereal and that was it. I think I did okay and didn't go too far over considering I had 6 activity points that I wasn't planning to use. And I was happy to see my weight down this morning - I was beginning to think that my actual weight was that high. It also helped to motivate me to continue with the plan.

No comments: