Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday June 8, 2010

Workout: 6.5 miles
Time: 62:02
Pace: 9:33
Weight: 123.4

Ran on the treadmill at 3:50pm, but have still not eaten lunch (it is 6:15 now). We were at the library and grocery store at lunch time (and I ate breakfast at 11:15) and after getting home, giving the girls some lunch (at 2:45) and getting the groceries put away and this done and that done I never took the chance to eat. Ugh... I have a slight headache that I'm sure has a little to do with it. This day really, really got away from me... pretty much everything has been later than intended today and I really have no reason for it. Huh.

Run was good. Read my new book and enjoyed it. Thats another bonus - just the simple fact that it gives me an opportunity to read, which I love to do, but somehow don't make time to do. So it is enjoyable in all aspects. I would have run outside this morning, but Cornbread really wanted to go to the gym before heading to the office and I knew it would be rainy when I woke up, so I took the opportunity to sleep instead (7:45 am - unheard of for me!).

WW is still going well. Last night I was at Target and Walmart between 6 & 8:30. That is a dangerous time for me to be in those places. I was hungry and I love to buy stuff to eat in the car on the way home... usually some form of granola or trail mix. Or Combos, which are always at the Walmart checkout and are like crack for me. BUT, because I'm watching my points, I did not buy a single snack item at either store. THIS is a huge deal. One of my favorite things is eating Archer Farms' granola/trail mix on the way home from Target. So. Good for me - I'm patting myself on the back!

I was going to include a link at the top to whatever I posted a year ago so I could see a comparison to where I was a year ago and how much different things are for me now. How much easier running is - even though it wasn't super hard for me then. I was shocked to see that I posted only 2 times in the entire year 2009. That is incredibly disappointing because it was the year that I really turned myself into a runner. The year that I cracked down hard and made myself get through the hard parts and worked harder than I've ever worked at this. By this time last year, I was running 8 mile long runs on Saturday, but really hurting by the time I turned into my subdivision. I was willing myself through them because I wanted to be someone who COULD run an 8 mile long run. Cornbread thought I was nuts for doing it, but I willed myself through them anyway. It was hard. hard. hard. And I don't even remember how I felt about it - accomplished? proud? crazy? sick of it? I really, really wish I had posted last year.

I'm starving. Must wash hair and then grab food.

No comments: