Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday June 1, 2010

Workout: 3.5 miles
Weight: 127.0

Once again my weight is fluctuating like crazy due to water retention. Although after spending a weekend with my in-laws, there might be a little more than water retention going on - but not THAT much more.

Ran 3.5 on the treadmill this morning because I didn't have time for much more than that. It wasn't very easy and I'm not sure why that is. I know it is partly due to being dehydrated - I could feel it in my mouth that I was pretty dehydrated. I'm sure that after eating all of the crap that I ate this weekend, it affected my running and how my body felt. Thats okay - I gave myself the weekend to be crazy and now I'm starting Weight Watchers with a concerted effort.

We have our summer regional at Blue Harbor resort in Sheboyagan, WI over the weekend of June 17-20th. It is a water park and it will be a blast. It will also be nearly impossible to eat incredibly healthy as many of the meals are hotel buffets (think pasta, burgers, lots of butter, eggs, cheese, etc. etc.) So I am committing to eating well beginning today all the way to the 17th. I am giving up sugar today and am going to start counting points and measuring my food. I'm also going to make huge efforts to drink a gallon of water every day. I have my gallon of water sitting out on the counter and need to remember to fill up and drink often. My goal is to have it gone by the end of the day.

I don't have a specific weight goal in mind for the 17th, but I would like to at least have a consistent weight by then. Not 127 in the morning and 121 in the evening and 124 two days later and 127 three days later. That means I need to be consistent with my water and my eating. Usually when I do weight watchers I stick with my 18 points during the day and don't eat my activity points, but then don't count points on the weekend. I'm not sure I can do that if I'm running more than 3 miles at a time.

Here we go!

No comments: