Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday June 5, 2010

Workout: 9 miles on the treadmill
Time: 90:00
Pace: 10:00/mile
Weight: 124.6

This whole reading while running on the treadmill thing is very dangerous for my training, however at the same time I can get some really serious mileage in because I feel like I can go forever. I stopped at 9 miles because I had to get ready to go to church... I could have gone a few more if I had more time and more pages to read (I finished my book anyway).

I scratched the idea of running outside because it was humid and I hate running when its humid - bad enough on the treadmill in a cold basement with a fan blowing directly on me, but outside is awful and well, I'm spoiled and I don't have to do it if I don't want to :) And I was really into my book (What the Dog Saw, by Malcolm Gladwell). I recognize, though, that I need to get back outside... the other issue with running outside is that I'll have to do it early in the morning before Cornbread leaves for work, whereas with the treadmill I can do it at any time during the day because the girls are hanging around, but not on top of me. So the treadmill wins out every time I'm tired... running later in the day feels better, too. So many reasons to do it on the treadmill, but I know its better to be outside.

When I begin training for the race I will be outside for most runs. Since the schedule has 5 days of running, I think 3 will be outside. Intervals and tempos will be inside. Pace, long and hills will be outside. The variety will be awesome - I can't wait to begin!

No comments: